Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crafty Tuesdays

Every week, I am going to feature some fun easy, crafts, either that I have made, or found online.

Today I am going to feature a rainbow headband that I made for my friends daughters rainbow themed 5th birthday party. I made quite a few different items for this birthday which I will feature in the coming weeks.

Supplies:

  • dollar store satin headbands (comes in pack of two)
  • dollar store rainbow silk flower lei, like the image below
  • hot glue/thread and needle


I didn't take pictures of the entire process, as I kind of winged it, but it was quite easy.


  1. Cut leia and take out one flower of each colour, tie leia back up (I wanted to keep the leia for a   photobooth)
  2. Take one layer of each flower and fold in half twice
  3. Sew all the quarters together, matching the bottom corner, which creates a rainbow pompom
  4. Glue or hand sew the pompom to the headband (I already had a needle threaded so opted to sew)
This was the result:


I mixed up my rainbow order, but no one seemed to notice. This idea can be done in many different ways. You can take any silk flower, feathers or gems, glue it to a headband to make it your own. If you decide to make one, please send me a picture, I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...